The Niagara Falls Fire Department responded to 255 incidents during the period of 09-29-14—-10-12-14 bringing the yearly total to 5178 incidents.
Fire: Platoon 3 was dispatched to the 2200 block of Grand Avenue for a report of a structure fire at 12:41 a.m. on 9-30-14. The 2nd floor apartment bedroom was fully involved in fire due to careless smoking by the resident who injured herself when she fell down the stairs escaping the fire. After extinguishment, damage to building and contents was listed at $12,000.
Fire: A call of a kitchen fire sent Platoon 2 to the 1800 block of Linwood Avenue at 7:00 p.m. on 10-03-14. Arriving crews were able to confine the fire to the stove which resulted in $500 damage.
Motor vehicle accident with injuries: Engine 9 and Truck 2 responded to an accident with injuries in the 8400 block of Niagara Falls Boulevard at 3:56 p.m. on 10-04-14. The crews attended to 7 people involved, two of which were transported to local hospitals for further evaluation.
Fire: Engine 8 and a Fire investigator were sent to Packard Court at 10:21 a.m. on 10-07-14 for a report of a fire in a sewer grate. 3 juveniles had been observed intentionally setting a gas can on fire and placing it on the grate. They were lucky enough not to get burned by doing so—not so lucky as they were apprehended shortly after by NFPD.
Fire: Platoon 3 went to the 400 block of 18th St. for a porch fire at 12:08 p.m. on 10-07-14. A carelessly discarded cigarette was the cause of the fire that caused $1000.
Fire: Platoon 1 sent a full assignment to the 1900 block of Whirlpool Avenue at 7:24 p.m. on 10-11-14 for a call of a structure fire. A “squatter” in this vacant building had set a small fire for heat. Damage was limited to $1000 and the firestarter is being sought for questioning.